AirBnb – no payments

Posted in Master Lease

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I experimented by listing one of my Panama properties (a master lease) on AirBnb.com I have had 3 guests and yet to get paid for any of them. I contacted AirBnb.com and they said I will get paid in October for guests that stayed in September. But on their website it says I will get paid within 24 hours of the guest arriving.

There is a private AirBnb community and everyone in their is complaining that they have not been paid for guests a month ago. Not good!

I plan to block all the future available dates until I get paid in full. Then I think I will cancel my AirBnb.com listing. Maybe VRBO is better. Or I can just do my own marketing.

Anyone else have experience with vacation rentals? AirBnb is not good. What’s better?

Hi Jackie,

I’ve had 2 properties on AirBnb since March. I get paid on each stay 24 hours after the guest arrival. I’ve had some issues with the Airbnb listings, but getting paid on a timely basis, fortunately, has not been one of them.

I wonder if your issue is unique to international properties? Both of my places are in Columbus.

I’ve thought about other listing services but, in my market, Airbnb is the leader.

I hope you can get this worked out with them. The support isn’t great, but they do eventually respond.

Good luck,
    Deb K

I ran a duckduckgo.com search on SLOW PAYMENT PROBLEM WITH AIRBNB, and these were some of the relevant hits:

Jan 2017 & earlier:

Hosts get Slow Paid

Sept 2015 thread:
    https://airhostsforum.com/t/paypal-payments-delayed/1643/10

The GetHuman website posts this Customer Service link for Airbnb, with a 13 minute wait time:

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/AirBnB

855-424-7262

The GetHuman website also posted this remark, in response to a Canadian couple stranded in Sri Lanka over an Airbnb payment acceptance foul-up — in which the Canadian lady (with 2 weeks left in their vacation) said: “The representative last night gave me the following contact info for Airbnb: international support number: 1-415-800-5959 and email [email protected]. NONE OF THESE CONTACTS WORK!!!”

The GetHuman offer:
    “If you can’t or don’t want to fix this yourself, a GetHuman pro will resolve it for you and get results.”

It’s apparent that such problems have been going on for at least a couple of years. The fact that there is even a website called Airbnbhell.com speaks volumes.

–Dee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.