ASK JACK

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Just so you know… there are TWO ways you can ask Jack questions and get an answer from Jack.

1. You can ask questions right here in the forum. Jack looks the forum just about every day to see if there are any questions for him. ( don’t hurt his feelings and now ask any questions now)

2. In the MemberZone, you can send in a question to be discussed on an upcoming conference call. We get quite a few questions, so there’s no guarantee that yours will be selected for discussion on the call.

So, give it a try and you’ll see that Jack Miller REALLY DOES answer your questions right here.

If you don’t have a question for Jack specifically and just want to ask a general question or make a comment – go for it.

Hi: Jack and Jackie:

I signed up for 1 year but I can not get into the member zone. What do I need to do?

Also I have a question for Jack for the conference call.

Jack:

I want to give a mortgage back to a home seller that I am buying his home subject too an excising favorable 1st mortgage. This mortgage is to give him assurance that if I was ever to default on the excising 1st., that he would have recourse to get the property back. What type of verbiage needs to go into this instrument?

Thanks Don Wede

Anonymous

D-on,

Give me a call on Sunday. I will figure out why you can’t get in to the member zone.

Call 972-496-4500

Jackie

How does a “contract for beneficial interest” compare to a “contract for deed”? What are the pros and cons of each instrument? Does it matter if the property and buyer reside in Florida and the seller in Montana?

Member Zone:

Hi Jackie:

I got in to the member zone this morning. Must have taken a little time for me to be introduced into your system.

Thanks Jackie

Hope all is going well.

Good Luck with your Creative Wealth projcet. Looks great.

Don Wede

From Jack Miller:

A Contract for Deed conveys equitable interest in real estate that must be foreclosed though court action or public sale. A Contact for Beneficial Interest is used to convey personal property, so the Uniform Commercial Code controls how the contract is enforced. since under the UCC no incidence of ownership, legal or equitable passes until the final payment is received, no court action is required to “repossess” the beneficial interest that has been sold. To make matters much more simple, I recently sold a house on a Contract for Beneficial Interest and had the Beneficial Interest pledged to further secure my loan. This way, all I’ve got to do in the event of default is to change the locks on the doors and either resell or rent the house. Hope this helps.

Jack Miller

Anonymous

How do I minimize taxes on the buy sell part of the business?

Hey Jack,

I have been to several of your boot camps and I must say that you are awesome! I want to be like you when i grow up! Here’s my quesion.

I live in Maryland which does not have a statue on land trusts. Since i’ve been to your class on trusts, i have all the forms and most of the knowlege, i have just a few issuses:

1. I need someone to be the nexxus in Virginia. There was someone you recommend that acutallyl has a business doing this; could you please refer that person
    2. you mentioned that several items related to the trust should be placed in the deed particularly successor trusteees but the deed you provided does not appear to include this language or the reference to the trust

thanks a lot for your help. cheers. rob.

[email protected]

I know you all have been cruising to Alaska, but please let me know how long before i might get a reply. Thanks. Rob. 443-336-4837.

Anonymous

Rob,

Jack will be out of the country for a few weeks.

I don’t know anyone in Virginia who can help you.

I do know someone in West Virginia who may be able to help. Would that work?

Jackie

This question may be more appropriate for Jackie rather than Jack. I posted a house for sale on Cregs List about a month ago. I specifically did not put my e-mail address but rather just my telephone number in the ad. I have been receiving to this date 70 e-mail from other Cregs List locations wanting me to list at their sight. How do I stop this endless on-slot of e-mail. All ads have expired or have been removed, and I still am getting 70 e-mails a day.

Thanks Don Wede

Do Not post your personal email address on craigslist! use their “anonymous” reply to address! this should remedy your problem!

lewis

Anonymous

Don,

At the Real Estate All Star Pow Wow this may, I advised everyone to NEVER use your personal email on forums or in craiglist, backpage, kijiji, etc…

You’re get too much spam. And you never know who is REALLY lurking in a public forum so you don’t want to be giving out your personal email address.

That’s one of the big advantages of CREWealth.com. A spammer will not pay for the privilege of capturing email addresses. Though I would still advise not to post your personal email address here either. You are a lot more protected here in a private forum than you would ever be in a public forum

There are also comupter bots that can sweep a forum or a site like craigslist and capture all email address specifically for the purpose of spamming.

When you have to use an email you can get a free “throw away” email at http://www.gmail.com or yahoo.com
    With a throw away email, you can use it for one craigslist ad then just stop using it ( throw it away)

A good example is when you’re running an ad for a house for rent. Instead of using my email [email protected] I always use an address like [email protected] — 143 carriage is the street address.

Keep your personal email private.

Also, on Craigslist.com there’s a place at the bottom that asks if you want to be contacted by others about your ad – NEVER CLICK THIS – it will result in a lot of spam

Don, The only thing you can do at this point is to mark each spam email as spam with your email program and block them from sending you email again.

Sorry you’re having a problem with it. I know how frustrating it can be.

jackie

Hi Jack

First, I want to thank you for the wonderful Options Seminar. Talk about Brain Overload!!!

I have a question about A Revocable Living Trust. My mother passed away in December and I haven’t done anything with the Trust. This was a “Do it Yourself Trust” Lee Phillips program and I can’t find the answer.

Is there anything I need to do with the Trust, like take her name off, etc. I took her name off the checking account but don’t know what else to do. Their house is the only asset in the Trust along with CDs. Also, should I put my father’s car in the trust? Thx in advance.

Jean Pizzoferrato

Hi Jack

In lesson 13, which is about negotiating and getting tenants the right way, you mention that a For Rent sign should not be placed in the front yard. Further on in the video you said to put a flyer on the window with the necessary qualification a tenant must have to rent the house so you aren’t bothered by people who don’t qualify? My question is– Since neighbors are usually nosey–wouldn’t that flyer in the window let them know that the property is a rental?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.