Being Different

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • ?The average out of town or expired listing owner gets bombarded with letters and postcards every month.  I know because all these letters and postcards come to one of my rental properties in Texas last month. 

You sure you want to do what everyone else is doing? 
    , Maybe it is time to switch to hot pink letters or knock on doors.  Or just start making phone calls to every house.  Be different.
    , cashflowdepot.com

What about being different in terms of investments? Seems like we’re back to the times where everyone wants to rehab/flip/rent a house. Or wholesale it. I’m getting more and more into the assisted living niche and having success with it. I also talk to mobile home park owners and finding a lot less competition there.

Just a thought to zig when everyone else zags. Jackie is absolutely right. It’s important to stand out when marketing. But it’s also good to stand out because you are one of the few players in an overlooked market.

Hal

You are absolutely correct. If everyone else is rushing to do one kind of deal, like lease options, then you need to go in the other direction with buying subject-to or getting an option then doing a highest bidder sale.

Many of the things we teach and talk about at CashFlowDepot are not taught by others. But we know they work.

We have a lot of different strategies. Some work great all the time. Others work better at certain economic/demographic cycles than others. What works in New York may not work so great in Oklahoma.

Every market is different.

One thing for sure, if all the other real estate investors in your market are talking about a particular technique or marketing strategy, it is better to do something different… then keep your mouth shut about what you are doing. Don’t tell people what you are doing. Be as under the radar as you can.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.