Craigslist Advertising

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • During the Coaching Call last night, someone asked about what to put in a craigslist ad to attract motivated sellers. I agreed to post an ad on the Community Forum today.

But first you need to understand that a Craigslist ad, or any ad anywhere, or any kind of marketing needs to be really targeted and focused. You need to determine who your ideal candidate is first, then craft your ad to match that. An example – let’s say you run an ad looking for owners or sellers who might considering doing a master lease, the subject line in your ad might say

How To Get “On Time” Rents Every Month

Never Deal With a Deadbeat Tenant Again

This Is Better Than a Property Manager…

See how those subject lines grab attention for a landlord or owner who is considering renting their house

If your subject line said

I Will Rent Your House – it would not get as much attention.

Your ads should target a specific kind of seller or owner instead of being general.

In the body of your ad, you should give your name – don’t hide behind a company name. You might offer a free report to get people to contact you. The free report could be written or it could be a recorded message that they listen to. Of course, you can also have them call you directly. Don’t use those press 1 for this or 2 for that or 3 for something else messages — they need to get a LIVE PERSON on the phone right away. If it can’t be you, then you need to hire an answering service.

For buying houses (or getting options to do a Highest Bidder Sale) I liked to use subject lines like:

Learn How You Can Sell Your House In 7 Days

Amazing Way to Get Your House Sold in 7 Days

See how those subject lines will grab attention better than saying – I buy houses.

For wholesale flips, your subject line might say something like

Money, Money Money $$$ for Your Older House Dallas

House in Any Condition – Get Cash in 7 Days

Sell Your House Fast Without Paying a Real Estate Commission

These ads indicate that the house is old and run down – exactly what you are looking for.

Better than just saying “We Buy Houses”

The subject line is the most important part of your ad because it gets owners to click on the message. You need to make sure the message matches the subject line.

Anyone else have some comments on craigslist ads?

I’ve talked about the problem of copyright theft by scammers of your online photos before, but this is a far better and more detailed discussion of some many ways to protect those photos, especially since rental and property sale scammers infest craigslist sometimes:

https://photography.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-protect-your-photography-from-theft–photo-11025

When the article talks about watermarking your photos, they mention that the larger your watermark, the more work it is for a thief to try to remove it. But they don’t discuss any content issues with such watermarks. I think that a reasonably large watermark using YOUR phone number [and maybe your website] (with much less intensity than the rest of the photo) might be a helpful deterrent. And the article has a lot of other ideas as well.

And you already know about using tineye.com (the image search engine, one of many) to learn if your image has been heisted. And, the Kim Komando website a few years back highly recommended the tineye.com site for exactly this purpose.

–Dee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.