Door Knocking Preforeclosures

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hey everyone – I’m new to cashflow depot. I’ve been knocking doors (specifically preforeclosures). Having some good success considering I’ve been doing it less than 2 weeks. With that said, I’m still wanting to dive in and learn as much as I can. So, are there any specific resources here related to door knocking and/or door knocking preforeclosures?

Yes, look at Pete Fortunato, options and negotiation to start off.

Thanks Hector!

I’m searching the website for it and not seeing anything about options or negotiations with Peter Fortunato. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Dylan,
    I can’t speak specifically to preforeclosure doorknocking, but if you want info on doorknocking, you definitely want information from Bill Cook. his doorknocking class was one of my top 5 of all time seminars. Unfortunately, I’m not sure he is teaching it anymore, but there should be plenty of material you can find with him doorknocking. Also, him and his wife have recently taken over CFD so I assume he will load more videos shortly.

Dylan,

Kim and I have worked foreclosures since ’97. Because I’m a door knocker, I knock on each door where the person is facing foreclosure.

My approach when talking to someone in foreclosure is VERY different from someone who has a For Sale sign in the yard. People in foreclosure do not view themselves as sellers. Instead, they view it as their home is being STOLEN from them by the lender.

When knocking on the door, I never ever use the “F” (foreclosure) word. Instead, I act confused…as if I’m at the wrong house. However, if there is a For Sale sign in the yard, I ignore the property as a foreclosure and deal with the owners as sellers.

When at the house, I’m there to help and answer questions IF the owner is seeking answers. Most will simple give you the “Foreclosure Wave” and say, “I’ve already got this problem handled.” NOTE: Most do NOT have the problem handled.

I have a door knocking manual on our website (BillandKimCook.com) that you may find of interest. I’ve made by living by knocking on homeowners’ doors and getting invited in since I was 12 years old (1972). It’s all I’ve ever done.

You are on a good path. Keep finding people to help and problems to solve.

Bill Cook
    770-815-8727

Thank you for such a detailed response Bill! I actually listened to your coaching call with Jackie on door knocking a couple days ago. Excellent stuff. Can’t count anything for sure yet but as of right now, I’ve knocked a total of 25 preforeclosure doors and I have 2 homeowners who are about to sign purchase agreements and 1-2 more who are very open to the solution I’ve proposed. We shall see!

I’d love to get your door knocking manual. Is there a video or audio version of you teaching your door knocking class/material that could be used with your manual?

Thanks again Bill!

Thank you Greg for chiming in Greg!

Dylan,

There are plenty of videos of me door knocking on our Youtube channel: Bill and Kim Cook

Bill Cook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.