Finding Properties on MLS w/o an Agent

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I have mostly used Real Estate Agents to buy properties in the past, and their access to the MLS is a great help. I see that Jack doesn’t recommend agent/brokers to buy properties, although they do OK in selling properties. I know that Realtor.com and others offer generic info, but there’s a lot of details that the MLS has that aren’t available that way. If I don’t use an agent, is there a way for me to get access to MLS information on listings, sales, DOM, etc.? Thanks.
    – dan

Anonymous

Hi Dan,

In many areas, you can get affiliate access to MLS.

The problem with buying properties listed on MLS is that the agent will do their best to kill any chance of a creative offer. They only thing they understand is a cash offer or financing. You’ll usually get MUCH better deals and terms if the property is not listed on MLS.

Jackie

Hi Dan,

I know a lot of investors that get a REA/broker license just to get access to the MLS even though they will not work as REAs. They only have to disclosed that they are lincesed when going into deals.

Rafael

The other negative with having your license is that you are “the expert”. You never want to be an expert in a deal. You never give seminars on doorsteps. Having that license has benefits, but it can also hang you. I have a friend that is an agent. He gets me recent sales, expired listings, comps, etc. If I happen to buy one of the houses he has informed of, I guess I will just have to give him a few c notes. I DID forget his birthday after all.

Anonymous

Know any appraisors? they have access to MLS too. It is just toooooo easy to get access to MLS withOUT getting your license.

Realtors are having a heck of a time making money now and would be glad to make some extra money giving you the information you need from MLS.

Jack’s advice has always been, if you have your license already keep it, but if you don’t have it, you sure don’t need it.

Jackie

I have a very good friend that is a realtor where I can get what I need out of the MLS, but as an investor I plan to never become a realtor. The only current benefit at looking at mls property are the bank owned REO’s.

I think the best deals are found without a realtor

This is exacly my plan, to obtain a license to gain total access to MLS. What are the pros and cons?

I do see how some of the disclosures and other legal stuff may be an issue when doing deals, thank you for the feedback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.