Hello from Austin!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Going to take this straight from my profile on here and put it below. Who else is from Austin? Looking to expand my network of financial friends or otherwise.

About Me

At the moment, I’m a 50-something full-time software engineer looking to Real Estate investing to supplement my retirement and/or to do full-time one day.

Partial to the Jack Miller, John Schaub, and Peter Fortunato schools of Real Estate Investing.

What I can offer:

• Private lending with funds from my IRAs
    • Answers to software/internet questions (e.g. WordPress, Hosting, etc.)

Real estate experience

Just getting started. I have one rental. Since I have a full-time job, I do not have much time, but I do have a couple of websites (buyer/seller) and plan on door-to-door canvasing.

Otherwise, I read a lot of books and listen to a lot of content. Looking to supplement education with experiential learnings.

Real estate goals

Interested in building an SFR portfolio in the Central Texas area.

Retire from my software job to do real estate full-time. I enjoy software, but would like more time back.

Hey Bill,
    I’ve been investing, building homes, rehabbing houses, directing training for private lenders as well as loan officers (totally different) for over 20 years. Last 40 years in Austin. I definitely could use more computer knowledge or support. I have tried, a little, to acquire assistants or people who have specialized computer knowledge and would like to engage more in investing, without much success. So I just keep plugging along. I have slowed down a lot in the last few years but am preparing to do a major marketing effort to simulate the right types of business. I feel the need for speed. Lots of ideas and opportunities, all of which now require intelligent and targeted internet marketing coupled with conventional communication methods. I’m not sure if phone numbers are allowed or not in this forum, but here goes: Jerry Hofrock 512-266-2822 [email protected]. Please give me a call and we can explore the possibilities.

Jerry,

I’m not completely sure what you are trying to accomplish. Do you have some kind of question or series of questions about websites? I’m not as versed in Internet marketing as probably others are, although I think I know where I’d start with some of that—add lots of content and value for your website visitors and start creating an email list and market to those folks. While new, the best email marketing tool these days is GetDrip.

On a separate topic, it seems like you are fluent in private lending and note purchasing. Is this right? I’m looking to learn more about those subjects. Have actually purchased some material created by Henry Dvorken if you’ve ever heard of him.

Cheers,
    Bill

Hey Bill

You have the best note investing instructor just south of Austin — contact Bill at https://papersourceonline.com/

Cash flow is exactly what you need to set you free from your job.

Buying houses, even buying subject-to, will get you there but don’t overlook opportunities to do Master Leasing. You can master lease houses a lot faster then you can buy them. The cash flow is similar to buying — but with no down payment or closing costs involved. And master leasing will often lead to being able to buy the house with seller financing.

Preserve your cash. Use creative methods to buy houses.

Also keep on the lookout for wholesaling opportunities and buying subject-to then reselling with seller financing. You can get a nice chunk of cash with both of these.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.