Highest Bidder Sale

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

May I list my house on http://www.highestbiddersale.com for this weekend’ auction?

Thank you,

sure, I will get your accont set up today

please email me your name and the property address

[email protected]

Hi Jackie,

Just to let you know that the sale was very successful this last weekend. These are the actions we took to get the price we received. Houses selling in the neighborhood for $49,000 to $75,000 all fixed up. This house needed updating, new appliances, new carpet, interior painting,and new fixtures. Had 5 year old roof, 10 year old siding, great floor plan, old A/C but working and no foundation problems.

1. Fliers were delivered throughout the area on Friday and then on Wednesday.
    2. We went thru all the SOLD’s on MLS that were CASH sales and wrote postcards to them.
    In the last year there were 14 sales with 12 cash buyers. Amazing
    3. We put bandit signs on the property one week before.
    4. Two days before we put your website on a bandit sign in front of the property.
    5. We listed on Craigslist every day starting the Monday of the sale.
    6. On Friday we put a little staging in the property and put 35 bandit signs up. It’s funny because in one of your conference calls on HBS you told your story about duck tape covering your addresses from the sale before. Well we had really nice signs but they said HOUSE FOR AUCTION and below had Lease to Own plus an old telephone number. So off I went to Home Depot and got the yellow duct tape. The duck tape showed the printing thru so we used yellow paper covering the black lettering with thick clear tape over the paper and our problem was solved.
    7. I printed out the Stewart Title sheet showing the house price at $82,400, the schools, the taxes, the sketch of the house, the disclosure, lead base paint sheet, insurance sheet, and much more.

By Saturday I received about 15 calls but I still went ahead with the sale. We had about 50-60 people throughout the 3 hours. The bidding began at $29,900 and the second bidder went to $51,000. It pretty much stayed at that all day with other bidders putting their names and prices down. Sunday was about the same amount of people but a man came in and put the price to $55,000 right before close one guy went to $60,000. The house needed alot of work so my partners thought we’d end up with $53,000. The bidding was quite strange because the man at $60k was willing to keep going but on my return call he wouldn’t answer his phone and the guy at $55,000 cratered also. About 8 of the 19 people didn’t answer their phones so I gave up and went home. I decided to give them all a call again and finished the sale at $57,000. Our profit is $10,000 so thank you very much for all your help and I am meeting a client tomorrow morning and hope to do another HBS. I enjoy these but I will really enjoy them better once I get enough experience so I can move to the higher priced houses. I know $10,000 is good profit but I am looking forward to working on the pretty houses. We have another house that the son has walked away from his deceased Father’s house that is in excellent condition so we just might do one on it next weekend and the price we want will be $140,000 owner financed so I will be moving up in the world. lol This one we will OF but is behind $4000. We hope to get $7-10k with monthly of $200.

Thanks again Jackie I really appreciated it.

CONGRATULATIONS!! on a very successful Highest Bidder Sale. Aren’t they a lot of fun!

You did all the right things to make this a success.

I love being able to put about a week of work in to prep for the HBS, then knowing in 1 weekend if it’s a go or no go.

It’s pretty typical that some of the people will not answer their phone. Sometimes they just change their mind and sometimes
    they will call you back a week later asking about the house and if it is still available. So, you now have the buyer’s name, phone number and the amount of money you have to work with ( a BUYER’S LIST) – you just need to go find another house and make sure they get an invite to that HBS.

Keep up the good work!

Jackie

p.s. May I share your post in an email to other CashFlowDepot.com members who may not check the forum often???

Hi Jackie,

Funny you should say that about people calling after the sale. I had a lady call me last night and asked the final price on the house and when I told her $57,000 she was upset that she wasn’t called. I then realized that after the first initial bidding and the top bidders cratered I went back to the house and started calling the people again. I got to the next one on the list and he shouted out he wanted to pay $57,000. (the area the house is in is mostly Chinese and it is hard to understand some of them )At this point I got really excited and took his offer and met with him the next day. I didn’t go any further calling the rest of the list and she mentioned she would have gone to $58,000. Hey I’m happy. You learn something new every day. $10,000 is fine for me now. LOL

Next week I am going to have flyers delivered to the same area saying that the HBS went very well but we have several people looking for houses in the area to please call me if they wish to sell. Maybe I will get another sale.

Yes Jackie you most certainly can share this with anyone. It is great to be able to learn this way and again thank you.

I believe I mentioned I got another HBS in two weeks and hope to make another $10,000. I even offered them a service. The man was getting everything ready to take all his deceased sister’s belongings to Goodwill and I said “Don’t you worry I can do that. You just take everything you want and leave the rest to me. I will call Goodwill for you and then I will bring in a cleaning crew to broom sweep the house for the sale and said it would only cost him a few hundred dollars.” He was delighted. One call to Goodwill and another to our cleaning crew and it’s complete.

This is fun. .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.