How To Get Jack’s Blog Delivered To You

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Does this describe you even a little? While siping your morning coffee, you thumb through the newspaper reading your favorite sections. When you sit at your desk, you check Yahoo News for the latest stories, scan your favorite blogs ( like JackMillersBlog.com) for the latest trends, check the weather report, search to see what’s going to be on tv tonight or what’s showing at the local theater, and check airfare prices to get to Jack’s next seminar… OK! You get the picture. You spend lots of time jumping al over the Web pages to bring yourself up to date on what’s going on in the world. Why not let Yahoo! simplify your life by using MY Yahoo?

My Yahoo! is your personal gateway to your frequently visited pages in Yahoo and on the Web. You personalize it and choose what you want to see, like email, news, Jack’s blog, weather, stock prices, recipes, WebMD… just about anything – ALL IN ONE PLACE SO YOU CAN FIND IT QUICKLY AND EASILY. You can even have an appointment or special occassion reminder with My Yahoo!

It is a GREAT TIME SAVER for you and it will make it especially easy to receive Jack’s Blog delivered right to your computer screen THREE times a week without even going to the web site.

See the step-by-step instructions below for how to set it up. If you need help, email me at [email protected]

How To Get Jack?s Blog Delivered to Your Computer AUTOMATICALLY
    3 Times a Week

Go to http://www.yahoo.com
    Click on the “My Yahoo” button on the top left side of the page, just under the “Yahoo” logo.”

Click on the “Sign In” link on the right-hand side of the page.

At bottom click on ?Sign Up” under “Don’t Have a Yahoo ID?”

Fill out form.

Click on CREATE MY ACCOUNT.

At upper right, see “Ready to experience my Yahoo” ? Click on CONTINUE.

On your Tool Bar (the bar on the top of the page with options like File, Edit, View, etc) Select Tools ? then select Internet Options from the drop down menu. You should have a window up with various tabs (General, Security, Privacy, etc). Select the General Tab.
    To make Yahoo your home page, click on “use current” under the homepage window (you should see the URL http://cm.my.yahoo.com/ appear in the homepage window), then click OK ( what this means is that when you turn on your computer each time, this page will automatically appear and have all the information you need in one location so you don?t have to look all over the internet.)

Go to http://www.JackMillersBlog.com and click on RSS Feed on the top right, then click on the “My Yahoo” button (It should be the top button on the right column).

Click on the “Add to my Yahoo!” button on the top right of the page.

Now look at you?re my Yahoo page ? you will see Jack?s Blog at the top.

You will get a Pop UP message asking if you want to keep it ? select “Keep It”

TA DA- You did it!
    Now? Let?s personalize your home page with the information you want to see:

See just under Jack?s Blog is the Today section. If you have no interest in this information, then at the upper right of the window, click on the X (it will be in the same row as the “Today” heading of the Today section, on the right side of the page ? you will be asked if you want to delete the module. Select “yes” and it will delete that module.

You can continue to do that with other modules you don?t have an interest in.

Now, let?s add modules you DO have an interest in.

At the top of the page, in the middle, see Personalize This Page ? click on it.

Let?s start in the Middle with the Appearance.

The current page is blue but let?s change it to Orange for the Fall Season. Just click on the orange box and the appearance of your home page will change.

Now, do you want to change the layout? Click on Change Layout. You have several different selections. Pick one then click on it. See that it will instantly change. If you don?t like it, you can change it again and again.

Now, in the upper left, click on personalize again.

Click on Add Modules.

For an example, click on Money ? then Personal Finance.

See the list of modules you can add to you?re My Yahoo page. If you don?t like them you can just click X on the module to remove it.

Be careful not to add too many modules to make your page confusing to navigate but it is quick and easy to delete them.

NOTE: This information is also available in the Resources section of the website.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.