how to: master lease

Posted in Options

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What’s the best way to sell an owner on a master lease? Any secrets, taking points or key things to say in order to have them lease the property to you while you sub lease (rent) to someone else? Also, are there any sample forms/agreements here on CFD?

Great question. i too have wondered how to present a master lease option to a prospective seller.

What I have found in the two deals that I have done in both instances the owner has moved away from the area. In both cases it is a property they could not sell because they owed about what it was worth. What are their choices? Give it back to the bank. Hold it and have negative cash flow each month. The Master Lease solves allot of problems for them. It helps on the negative out go each month. It takes a “worry” of their shoulders. They fell the property is being “looked after” and alives another worry of theirs. I have several deals being decided on now by amature landlords who really don’t like being a landord. They are either burn out or realy don’t understand the business. I have another persone who has an estate from their mothers passing. They have been trying to sell the property for a year and can not get it sold. The executor the brother is trying to convince the sister, the other aire that this is the way to go. I have found in my little experence in the Master Leasing game is that you need to show you can solve a problem for the people.

Someting new I just did this week is show the owner how I do business. I show them my rent up documents and also my Tenant Screening procedure I use. That document should be here on Cash Flow Depot. I am hoping this gives a great feel of profesionaism in how I do business.

Don Wede

thanks don seems that you have some experience doing ML

let’s role play here:

im the seller and you are the ML buyer, what would you say to me that would get my ear to the benefit of doing a ML? I think that was the central question, panama preacher was getting at?

Mr. Seller, You now have monthly income were before all you had was out go. Mr. Seller, You now have an quality family in your home were before it was setting vacant. Someone is there now to take care of it. Mr Seller, you can now ride through these tough economic times until the market comes back and you can get your home sold. Mr. Seller you don’t have to worry about managing a property long distance. I am here to take care of all of that.

Don Wede

YOU NEED TO WATCH THE 4 VIDEOS ON THE OPTIONS AND LEASES SECTION. DAVID TILNEY DOES A GREAT JOB OF EXPLAINING THE “CONVERSATION” YOU HAVE TO GET THE SELLER TO SAY YES!

Thanks for the replies, this helps tremendously.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.