Looking for advise on how my signs and banner should look for High. Down Payment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please advise on what has my sign look like:
    –in the front yard?
    –in the city on busy intersections and shops
    –directional signs
    And I would love to make a large banner, I may need to use if signs will not be allowed.

Thank you kindly for any input and sharing.

Lilia, before our experts on HBS sign design can weigh in on your question, I’m thinking you need to find out what rules your city may have put in place. There is incredible variety across the country. In my case, my city has reserved street median strips for political campaigners and city announcements. They’ve limited open house signs to weekends only, and proclaimed that such signs can only be put up no more than one hour before the open house, and must be taken down no later than one hour after the open house ends.

Some cities dictate what the maximum sign size can be, and some even dictate the kind of information you can, or must, put on such signs. Some mandate that you must have written permission from a property owner before placing a sign on their property. Some even mandate how far back from any curb a sign can be posted. The creativity of bureaucrats is endless.

You might even need to find out what, if any, rules your city has for hanging handbills on doorknobs. Some cities require a permit, some don’t, but some just flat prohibit the practice.

Hopefully you won’t encounter all such obstacles I’ve mentioned, but you might run into some of them, or maybe others. Until you ask your city, you won’t know. Only then can you begin to design a strategy for an HBS event.

–Dee

Thank you, Dee,

I will definitely check for the rules in the city office.
    Appreciate your advice.

Highest Down Payment Sale!
    Starting Bid $3,000
    Seller Financing $250,000

Home Being Sold to the Person with the Highest Down Payment
    Starting Bid $3,000
    Seller Financing $250,000

get the idea?

Dee is right. Some cities have a $500 fee per sign they pick up. So be careful with signs. Know the rules. If you can’t put signs in the ground, you can use human signs!!!! Get creative.

Thank you, Jackie,

What company can I order signs at?

It’s best to just buy blank coroplast signs and stakes from a local sign company then write on them with a big fat magic market.

A Highest Bidder Sale does not need to have so many moving parts. Keep it SIMPLE by following the low-tech systems in my book.

You don’t need to go high tech with a highest bidder sale. If you do, it will wear you out – especially if you are trying to do everything yourself.

I had the same question in mind fellow mbr. Thank you. Great advice Jackie.

Regarding “fat” magic markers, look for the ones with the word “Magnum” in the product name. Several brands include that word, and such markers tend to have the widest tips. You can check out such websites as WalMart.com, Staples.com and others. Sometimes those websites will tell you what they carry in the store and what you might have to order.

Another tidbit from the days before code enforcement types became really hostile — back when I used to help a buddy make and hang bandit signs, we puzzled over how to attach them to concrete walls, like the side of a highway overpass, for example. We found that slopping some contruction grade “Liquid Nails” on the back of coroplast signs was so effective that those signs remained in place for many years afterward. Good thing my buddy was using a blind phone number to field calls.

–Dee

Thank you, Dee.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.