Mailing List

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Evening community so I have put together a list of owner occupancy properties in my target areas.
    So my question to the community would be what is the most efficient way to get these owners interest about selling their property. Also what methods would you use?

Al,
    Sorry to rain on your parade . You cannot make someone interested in selling their property. Situations dictate that. Divorce, Death (Probate), Foreclosure, Loss of Job, Forced to Move Quickly, Health Matters, Vacant Home, Back Taxes, Burned Out Landlord. These are some of the motivations that may cause someone to want to sell their property.

Methods
    Direct Mail
    Door Knocking
    Driving the Neighborhood Your Self or Mega Lead Generator Method
    Referrals (Legal Professionals Attorney, Bankers, Small Loan Company)
    U-Hall flyers
    Website

Sorry you cannot make someone interested in selling their property

Don is right. Direct mail is not effective unless your list is targeted.

If you have a list of vacant houses with code violations, the seller is more likely to want to sell at a good price then just a house with tall grass.

If you have a list of people are who died and own real estate, their heirs may be motivated to sell but maybe not.

Same for divorce, job loss, health problems, etc.

Something has to happen in a person’s life for them to be motivated to sell fast and at a discount or with great terms

The MLS is full of people who have a house for sale. So is craigslist and FSBO sites. But unless there is some other motivating factor, you will not be able to get a “good deal”.

What’s a good deal? To be able to buy way below market or to buy below market subject-to the mortgage or with seller financing.

MOTIVATED sellers is what you are looking for.

If you mail 1000 postcards or letters to a neighborhood, you might get 20 calls. But the majority of them will want full price and all cash. Without targeted marketing , you are looking for a needle in a haystack.

For wholesale deals, my best targeted list was code violations.

For buying rentals subject-to or with seller financing, my best targeted marketing was marketing to people who had a high probablitity of heading to foreclosure. I got this information working with a foreclosure list broker. The numbers and stats would be different for every town. This list is also good for highest bidder sales.

My very best way to get deals was just talking to a lot of people, handing out a lot of pens, fliers at UHaul, visiting assisted living and nursing homes and very very targeted marketing with postcards.

In 20+ years I only got 2 good deals through a real estate agent.

Sorry but there is no magic pill for real estate investing. it will take time and work to find good deals.

Knocking on doors is a great way to find motivated sellers that no one else knows about (they are not in a list anywhere).

Thank you Jackie & Don for the enlightenment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.