Marketing to the 2 million hispanic buyers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

recently located this book dealing with marketing homes to latino families. In southern states this is a must, but also in other areas of the country as more hispanics enter our markets.

Casa y Comunidad: Latino Home and Neighborhood Design (Paperback)
    by Henry Cisneros.

Are you prepared? Another 2 million Latino families will enter the housing market by 2010.

This ground-breaking publication takes the first-ever look at the growing and increasingly prosperous Latino community and their housing needs. Casa Y Comunidad: Latino Home and Neighborhood Design helps prepare all segments of the housing industry to truly understand and work with Latinos.

Henry G. Cisneros, former HUD secretary and champion of affordable workforce housing, brings together a dozen contributors?builders, developers, planners, designers, and financiers?who share their expertise and experiences on the challenges and solutions for serving the millions of Latinos who want to own a home.

This well-balanced and comprehensive resource provides information on Latino culture, housing and neighborhood design, financial habits, consumer preferences, and much more. Packed with colorful photos, data, and success stories, Casa Y Comunidad: Latino Home and Neighborhood Design provides you with strategies for reaching and doing business with Latino home buyers.

Anonymous

From Jack Miller:

I buy, sell, and rent in communities with large Hispanic populations. To contact this population, nothing beats having a Hispanic buy, list, sell, and rent properties to them. This includes Spanish Language contracts, leases, advertising, and taped messages when people call in. You also may find that Hispanic communities are more comfortable with a Notario – who, under civil law is an authoritative figure – to oversee legal transactions. I provided office space and shared commissions and profits with Sally Rodriguez for several years with great success. I also have worked with a powerhouse lady who has three secretaries to respond to calls that are forewarded to her while she works the streets to find deals. Don’t forget using drive-time AM radio ads on Hispanic stations with catchy, memorable slogans and an easy telephone number to remember. When buying houses in Hispanic neighborhoods, to be certain that even those who couldn’t read or write got the message, I’ve even used a hieroglyphic showing a guy in a huge sombrero tossing money into the air with the phrase: Queres a vendre la casa? I put my 24 hour phone number beneath this.

What’s true about the millions of potential Hispanic customers is also true of all ethnic sub-groups. It pays to bend over backwards to communicate with them, and to make them feel comfortable with a transaction.

Viva Zapato!

Has anyone considered this lately?? We are in the business of marketing to motivated sellers……with the new administration in office and their immigration policies I can’t think of a segment to the population that has ever been as highly motivated as illegals. They’re not facing some laughable foreclosure proceedings where at the end of the day all they have to do is move out and life goes on. These illegals are being faced with deportation (exile). They will be ripped from their families, friends, and loved ones and shipped to a deplorable 3rd world countries. Talk about highly motivated sellers!!!!!

There is a huge misconception that all countries south of the United States are “deplorable 3rd world countries”

Nothing could be further from the truth!

I live in Central America. I have been all over Central and South America. Most of it is not deplorable or 3rd world.

Panama, where I live, has long had an immigration law that a tourist could only stay in Panama 6 months maximum. Anyone who wants to stay longer will need to get a residency Visa. There are many different Visas to select from and they are all super fast and affordable. Until recently, Panama immigration was allowing tourist to leave the country for 3 days, then stamp back in to Panama to start the tourist stay for another 180 days.

But that all stopped last week as Panama was seeing more and more people ABUSING the system, the law. Now, thankfully, Panama is strictly enforcing their law that a tourist can only stay for 6 months. Anyone who wants to be in Panama longer needs to go through the legal process of getting a residency Visa. Luckily Panama stopped the abuses to their immigration law before it got to be a huge problem like it is in the USA.

Every country has laws about how to immigrate legally. Those who do not want to follow the laws of another country should not be allowed to stay in the country. If you want to live in the USA or Panama or any country, there is a legal process for getting a Visa to stay indefinitely.

99% of the illegals who will move or be deported from the USA will not be home owners because it is very difficult for illegals to get a mortgage. Some bought with seller financing. Unless they paid cash, which some did, I don’t see opportunities to buy from illegals.

Landlords who have allowed illegals to live in their properties ( which is against the law in most states), will have more vacancies so this will present some Master Lease opportunities.

I’m originally from El Paso and I’ve been to a couple different Mexican cities. I’ll agree some places are very ritzy and high end but relatively speaking the majority of people would not want to go from a country with a healthy infrastructure (clean water, good sewage, a dependable electric grid, food safety regulations, good paying jobs, well maintained roads, etc, etc) to a place like Mexico or Honduras-with rampant corruption throughout their political and judicial system; from the pee-on federales and cops to the highest offices in the land.

I admire people willing to go through any means necessary to improve their quality of life and give opportunities to their families and future generations, that’s what life is all about!! I blame our politicians on both sides of the aisle for not nipping the problem at the bud as Jackie mentioned. They actually fueled the fire with some of their ridiculous policies all in the name of votes. Whatever the case may be, there was a motivating factor that compelled these people to break our federal laws just for the chance to be here. Now they’re faced with being thrown back to the place they tried to escape.

If there’s anything that can be taken away from this thread would it be to start kicking your master lease generating activities into overdrive? Has anyone that focuses on master leases noticed an uptick in business?

PS
    I’m very much looking forward to next years conference, I’m sure Panamá is a tropical paradise. As for the infrastructure there, could it be that it’s better than most central and South American countries because its on a global shipping route? What were the deciding factors that made you choose Panamá as the place to call home?

I went on a hunt for the book mentioned by the OP (original poster). I finally found it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Casa-Comunidad-Latino-Neighborhood-Design/dp/0867186135%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJL34BZ7FCW6HZ6IA%26tag%3Dbraunoralbrev-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D0867186135

Interesting that of the three reviews to this 2006 book, one was written by somebody named Jackie Lange.

–Dee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.