Master lease with direct mail

Posted in Master Lease

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Has anyone sent direct mails to landlords or owners of vacant properties for master leasing, if so what have you wrote in the letter?

Thanks.
    Horacio

I have not. If I designed one hit on the stress points. Are you tired of dealing with renter? Tired of collecting rents? Tired of dealing with maintenance issues? Tired of renting up that vacant rental?

I have done a fair amount of direct mail in the past for master leasing. I used it as a way to to get owners to talk to me about what problems they were having at the time. I always choose specific areas that fit my need. I would send post cards to areas with high end properties or high demand that would not makes sense to buy but would provide good cashflow with a master lease. Also, I would do the same thing in areas I did want to buy.
    Most of the time I would send out 500 post cards or less and usually picked up one deal. Pick your areas and stick with it!

The tag line on the postcard was always a problem point,
    TIRED OF VACANCIES?
    TIRED OF TOILETS?
    TIRED OF TENANTS THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU?
    NEED RENTAL INCOME?
    TIRED OF OVERPRICED CONTRACTORS?

John,

Has your master leasing properties turn into seller financing deals. Do you feel that you have a better chance of doing a seller finance by first master leasing a property and later on turnimg into aseller finance deal, also where are you located?

No, I have created spreads on the sales of the properties with options and selling for my owners. Most of the properties we master lease provide more income and upside without ownership. The cashflow keeps the lights on and the spreads provide capital for better deals.
    Depending on your market converting to owner carry in the future might be a better option for you. The master lease lets you get in the way, it’s up to you on creating the next step. It will allow the time to build trust and let you test drive the property. My market is Breckenridge Colorado and the surrounding area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.