Master leasing in California

Posted in Master Lease

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

If I do a 2 year lease with the owner of a house and then sublease it to a tenant for 2 years. When the lease ends with the tenant does the owner have to keep the tenants or does the person subleasing the home sends out 60 day notice before the lease ends to have tenants leave the premise. Also, with the California AB 1482 bill will it prohibit the landlord from removing the tenants when the 2 year lease ends?

Thanks,
    Horacio

Horacio,
    Make sure in the lease with the owner you have the right to sublease. You lease with your tenant has nothing to do with the owner. All notices come from you.

Horacio,

I live in California. Let me know if you need a good attorney to speak with. I make no money for the referral.

Best,
    Anthony

Anthony E Russell
    How can I get in touch with said lawyer?

Very respectfully Alex

The rules are different for every state so it’s a good idea to consult with a real estate attorney. Hopefully, any master lease is written that you will have the right to renew the lease automatically at the end of the first term if you want to. But the lease should also have language that you can end it at the end of the term too. If you end the lease with the owner, that would also end the lease with your sub-tenant. But your sub-tenant could lease directly from the owner when their original lease is up.

Anthony, if you have a recommendation, you are welcome to post it on the forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.