You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hi, I’m Felicia and am new to cashflowdepot real estate investment. I have little knowledge of investing and am looking forward to learning more. I am currently working with another investor who is helping me with marketing and finding deals; also directed me to this site.
    Becoming a successful business builder is an aspiration I have set forth to conquer. I want to be debt free, not work 8 hrs for a lifetime in someone else’s company, have a more stable lifestyle and do things I’ve always desired, help family and others accomplish some of their goals, and establish programs to help others. Investing in others is important to me and I want to give others hope and opprtunities. I want to invest in others just as others have and are investing in me. Learning more about real estate investment and establishing cash flow can help me reach beyond the goals I have yet to accomplish.

HI Felicia

Welcome to the CashFlowDepot family!

Having goals is the key to success. Be sure to watch the Foundations of Wealth video series to help you develop a plan to reach your goals. If you have any questions, let us know.

Jackie

Welcome Felicia – I am new to the community as well! I believe I just posted my introduction in the wrong forum but did not see the new member introduction as an option so I am off to a grand start!! LOL

I’m new too- so welcome and let’s stay active on the boards and help each other with our goals in 2017!

Hi, I’m new as well, I found Jackie’s book last year but had some life changes which prevented me from moving forward. Now that I have a new job and moved to a new state, I’m ready to get started in wholesaling. I’ll be having to do this part time and while I’m at work so I hope there’s a lot I can do on the phone and on the internet, as I have access to both. I work in retail.

Welcome David!

HI David

Welcome to the CashFlowDepot family!

You’ll be able to do wholesale flips part time. I wrote a special report called Mega Lead Generator which details how you can get “others” to find wholesale opportunities for you. The report is in the Premium Members section.

To give you an overview, you run ads for property locators in the part time job section on craigslist. Offer to pay then $500 to $1000 for each house they find that you are able to buy. (you have zero marketing expenses). All they have to do is drive around town looking for houses that look run down and that don’t have a real estate agent sign in the front yard. They feed you the addresses, you find out who the owner is in the county tax records, then send the owner a postcard (or you could hire someone to do this for you too). You could also drive to the property to knock on the door and/or talk to neighbors – this is a faster way to get a deal!

Some of our CashFlowDepot members are using this as their exclusive lead source to do 4-7 deals a month.

See my article about Code Violations too!

We’re here to help! Let me know if you have any questions.

Jackie

Jackie – Why do you always make it sound so easy! LOL If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I recently came across a possible rehab project in Manville and when I started taking a closer look I am finding liens on the property and this gets me frustrating because I spent my valuable time investigating and focusing on that property and I hate wasting time.

I also recently found a way to get leads handed to me for pre-foreclosures for a few hundred dollars a year. It’s through RealtyTrac.com. I don’t know if they have a presence in your location but for me they were able to give me stats on how much traffic the site sees for a specific zip code and how many potential leads per month based on the statistics of traffic to potential leads generated. Might want to check them out.

Aside from finding leads for a potential project for myself I am still at odds with finding and building a buyers list so that I know which zip codes / areas to focus in. I have on my “to-do list” to attend more auctions and trying to find and build that list.

Thaddeus,
    That deal my not be lost just because of liens you came across. Look into the liens sometimes they can be satisfied at a discount. All is not lost yet.

Just a thought instead of trying to compile a buyers list first . Find a good deal for HBS conduct the sale and you will be on your way to a host of names from the bidders at the sale.
    Don Wede

Thaddeus,
    I checked out RealtyTrac.com. How they generate their list (at least in Illinois) is by tracking the court house records for Lis Pendens for foreclosure. This means that it is not truly pre- foreclosure. The clock has begun to tick. A foreclosure action has been started. In Illinois they have 90 days (redemption period) to cure any default. After that time a sale date will be set and the real property will be up for sale for the minimum bid the Mortgagee sets or any amount bid over that price. Long story short allot of veteran competition in this arena, and allot of deep pockets. Even if you you want to just cure defaults it takes allot of money. Also some states I believe have stringent laws on how you can approach these individuals. If I was just starting out in the real estate game this is not where I would start.
    Don Wede

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.