Newbie.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hi, folks. I’m 67 years old, not yet retired, and have had a longstanding interest in the investment property field. A goal for this year is to achieve some successful and profitable closes. Have at least a few ideas and wanna see if they’ll work. Any advice and sound counsel would be appreciated. Thanks. JN

John,
    What will be your play? Long term hold as rentals, or income streams? Short term churn and burn? Where will you do these, your own back yard? What is your marketing strategy for lead generation?

Initially, it seems prudent to do some wholesaling. Maybe some fix & flips. Long term, I’d really like to explore investing in debt. Yeah, for now, dealmaking in one’s own area seems prudent, too. Don’t yet have a strategy for lead generation except to drive around in various neighborhoods and write down addresses of apparently distressed parcels.

John,
    I think your lead generation idea is great. Sounds rudimentary but bring a map and a highlighter so you don’t double back on streets. How will you fund the purchase of these properties if you keep to fix? Have you ever fixed properties? If you plan on wholesaling do you have investors lined up? If you don’t mind where do you live, and plan to start your farm?

At this juncture, “rudimentary” is about all one can afford. I read that some vendors out there have software programs that identify distressed situations, but that’s for later. ” Have I ever fixed properties?” I’ve done work as a sub on others’ deals. I’ve spent about 40 years as a handyman, with an especial focus on tuck pointing and brickwork, especially chimney repairs. Can do gutters, drywall, roofing repairs, plumbing, and small electrical also, but my knees would rather do as little of that as possible these days. Don’t as yet have a well developed investor list. I’m in the St. Louis, Missouri area.

John,
    What side of the river? Do you have a market that you are comfortable working in?Go to Craigs list and go to Decatur il. Look at houses for sale by owner. Copy a couple of my ads and post them on St.Louis Craigs List. Post at about 9am and 5pm daily. Develope another ad set tomorrow and renew every 48 hours. Go in and click on your new ads and also like and send to a friend a few times. Have friends and family do the same each a few times. If you had a website to direct them to it would help. If you want to direct them to mine I will forward on to you. That is not my market.
    If your not comfortable with that just use a phone number and e mail address

Your investor list will grow like you never thought. In a year mine has grown to about 500. Best guess somewhere between 10 to 15 percent legit. This does not count the several hundred that want a home to live in.

Sorry you don’t know my company lol Look for the one representing http://www.HFIProperties.com.

HI John

Welcome to CashFlowDepot! Be on the Coaching Call tonight to learn more about Options. They are the fastest and easiest way to make chunks of cash quickly but they can also be used for long term profits too.

Wholesaling and Highest Bidder Sales are a good way to start for CASH deals. You don’t need to buy the house or do any repairs.

Master Leasing or buying Subject-to the mortgage are ideal for CASH FLOW.

jackie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.