Out of Town Owners – Mail or No Mail?

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Just because an owner lives out of town, it does not mean they are motivated sellers. It’s a big mistake to mail to out of town owners thinking they will be motivated.

I have a lot of property in Texas but I live in Panama. I’m not a motivated seller. I get about 15 yellow letter or postcards a week (and they all say pretty much the same thing). What a waste of money for the guy/gal who thinks I’m ready to sell just because I don’t live at the property address.

If you want to get a 50-60-90% response rate then you need to ​send postcards only to motivated sellers.

What makes a seller motivated to sell?

Their house is vacant
    Tenant eviction problems
    Code violations​
    Foreclosure or back taxes
    Lost job
    divorce
    spouse died

What else can you think of?

I agree Jackie, what a waste of money. You must go deeper to do your search and have a better chance to hvae the caller call you back..

Another frequent motivated seller maker would be double payments. Just over the weekend I learned of an old friend (way across the country from me) who, on advice of a glad-handing realtor, moved out of her large house (hubby died a year before) after being told it would sell quickly, and into an apartment. Oh gosh, the house is now awaiting the Spring house selling season. And she’s terrified of even getting a house sitter in the large house, because all her friends who have tried the tenant route have been burned badly. So having double payments not anticipated, plus the rest of the back story, makes for a long and cold winter.

–Dee

Kind of a spin off of Dee’s post. A house being held hostage by a Realtor and it is listed but not being sold.
    Don Wede

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.