Phoenix Condo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I have a condo in Phoenix that I bought 2 years ago at one of those nice Real Estate seminars, and now the Option/ARM loan is adjusting upward and the guaranteed leaseback is ending soon. The people in Phoenix are telling me that nothing is selling and they’re having a hard time even finding a price for it. The cash flow will be very negative once we start paying the full payment rather than the NegAm payment that we were paying.

It’s a very nice Condo in an upscale complex that got written up in the National Apartment Association magazine as one of the best in the country. Is there any “creative” way out of this?
    – dan

Daniel:

There are several things you can do.

1. Find a private investor to cash out the loan. Make whatever deal you can put together to make the investor happy. Equity participation and cash flow to investor is one idea. Work out a deal that works well for the investor.

2. Bring in a private investor to pick up the negative cash flow with the ARM in place. Give him a piece of the pie with an option, or use a joint venture deal.

3. Sell the property using a lease option and ride out the negative cash flow until the option is exercised. Your initial option money may help a little with your short term negative cash flow. Also by doing a lease option you may be able to get a little more monthly rent than before, also helping with the negative.

Just a few suggestions, I am sure others will come up with some good ideas.

Don Wede

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.