This old dog still has it..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

I met a young girl ( 25) who wants to learn how to wholesale properties. She has been in Dallas for 6 months to work as an intern for an internet company. She will be moving back to El Paso Texas next month. She has been trying and trying to find a deal to wholesale and could not find anything.

So, yesterday, we met at I-HOP. She left her car there and we got in my truck to go get some deals.

In 4 hours, we found 27 vacant and run down houses with no realtor sign or code stickers. We talked to neighbors and got phone numbers and/or addresses for most. We found a recent fire damage property but could not get info about the owner — she will follow up on that by talking to the neighbors. We also talked to at least 5 realtors about listed propeties we saw and wrote two offers. One was accepted — house worth $70,000 – she got it for $27,500. There’s another one that I think she will get for $28,000.

In 4 hours!

You can’t do this sitting at home – it is an “in the field” sport.

If you want to do more deals, you have to GET OUT THERE.

Jackie

I am older dog than you and I had lost it until I found you and Jack Of course, Jack is an older dog than I am, but he hasn’t lost it.

I am so excited about this site, it has brought back my enthusiasm for real estate.Thx for giving me ideas on how to invest in my area. This site also provides me the opportunity to talk with other investors “like me” about investing. –:)

Hi Jackie,

Do you loan out your time for a fee? I think this is what I need. I have been finding properties and my husband, a realtor, has also been finding properties. I know primarily what to do and I have the name of a lawyer for one house he found with a Lis Pendens notice that I plan on contacting tomorrow, but other than that I’m having trouble getting started (partly because I am out of town on military orders temporarily). Plus my husband keeps missing the big picture about the wholesale deals. He’s worried about the end user (the person buying after the person we could wholesale it to – and this from a guy who doesn’t pay attention to details unless they pertain to him – go figure). :)

My husband had formulated a letter to send out to vacant house owners and I have edited it a bit because I wanted it coming from me instead of him since he has to list that he is a real estate agent, etc.

A side note: While I am out of town, I am attending the local REIA mtg. and networking with more people just to get some other ideas and you never know who might help you or you help them down the road. However, my goal is to wholesale some properties (and soon) so I can start getting a payoff to move onto bigger and better investments (buy & hold).

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Christine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.