tools

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Jackie states that she uses various strategies (tools) in her bag for RE investing.
    We all understand that this is wise due to the fact that some things may not work for all people all the time. As some of you may know I am also a professional photographer and have many different cameras an lenses. There are however, one or two main cameras and lens that I use for most of my work. So in return, I wanted to know what are your most widely used “tools” when it comes to RE. Thanks for sharing.:)

The tools are used to achieve an objective — So a good question to ask would be what do you want to accomplish by using a specific tool. Then is the tool legal in the state where you live. If not, what is a good alternative.

My top 4 – in no particular order

wholesale deals (options) = fast cash
    buying subject to that wraps underlying loan = acquire rentals for cash flow
    buying with seller financing – acquire rentals for cash flow
    highest bidder sales (options) – fast cash and cash flow

Things I avoid totally

rehabs – too much work, too much risk, too much cash needed
    buying at foreclosure auctions – too much competition

Things I would do it I were starting all over again – I’d never own the house, instead

master leases for cash flow & get an option when I could
    wholesale deals – cash
    highest bidder sales for cash and cash flow

After being in this business for almost 20 years the one thing I realize most is that owning real estate is not necessary at all.
    It’s much better to just control it with an option and a lease. You can build wealth with options just as easily as building wealth with ownership.

You really need to learn everything you can about options!!!! It is the most powerful tool in your tool box.

other things I would avoid completely:

anything that is on a public list advertised for sale

MLS listings
    tax sales

The only list I would market to would be

code violations
    probate ( selectively)

Thanks Jackie,

Anyone else?

Something I have been doing is driving the neighborhood. I write down the address and phone number of any FSBO and House for Rent, and the address of any vacant home. I call all FSBO’s. I use a little trick I learned from Jimmy Napier. If it is for sale I say “Some one told me you have a house for rent”. If for rent I say “Some one told me you have a house for sale”. I get the court house info were the tax bill is going and send them a letter. Been working well.
    Don Wede

Great that you brought that up Don

I did that in Texas. My daughter drives older neighborhoods looking for run, down vacant houses, looks up the owners, then mails a letter or postcard. 90% of the time it’s a probate situation.

Driving for dollars and knocking on doors is the best STEALTH way to get deals ( no competition)

As you can see, you don’t need a lot of tools in your tool box but you do need to use them often or they get rusty

I’ve been testing something new that has been getting a 30% response rate for 2 months straight. I need to do more tweeking and testing then will have the details at the CashFlowDepot Convention in Panama in May ( more details about the convention soon)

Jackie, will you also be sharing your new marketing technique here for cash flow members who do not attend the convention?

I won’t share the NEWEST marketing strategy that is getting a 30% response rate – until AFTER the Convention. The people who attend the convention will get more details and get all the information first. I’m still tweeking and testing to make it even better.

One question I’m going to make a point to ask from now on – when I call on landlord references for a renter’s application, I’m going to ask every landlord if they want to sell their house. I’ve got a great lead on a property right now because of that one question.

Jackie, you mentioned you selectively market to Probate. Can you clarify? What we’ve done before is go to the county records, gather the list and use yellow letters (not postcards). Is there a system that works better?

Chris,

I like your additional LL question idea. Will try it too in the future.

Hank

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.