Vacant Fort Worth Property Found with Deceased Owners & No Heirs

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The Fort Worth house is in a very stable neighbourhood, off of I-20, near Hulen St. Over the years I had been passed by this house on several occasions but paid no heed to it. The tall grass caught my attention a few months ago. Upon researching I found out that both the husband and wife that owned the property, have passed away, and it has been laying vacant ever since. There are back taxes owed since 2007!!! There are no probate entries, and even their obituaries do not mention any heirs.

How would one deal with such a property. I thought a “Reverse Possession” may work. Jackie, what do you think?

Sounds like an adverse possession opportunity. Order a title search on the property to see if there are any liens or judgements. Usually a lien is filed for back taxes. You’ll need to pay the back taxes, then file the necessary paperwork to “take over” the house. The attorney I recommend to you can do the title search and file the paperwork for you. I also have all the paperwork. I think it may be in the File Vault.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.