Jackie is not able to respond on the forum right now

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Howdy folks! Jackie has asked me to let you all know that her electricity and internet has been out since Monday so it’s difficult for her to respond to your forum posts and emails right now. She will get back to you all as soon as her utilities are restored.

Thank you!

After FIVE days with no electricity or internet, it is FINALLY back on. There was a huge tropical storm on the Caribbean side of Panama that created high winds which knocked down trees and took down power lines.

In Panama we sometimes have a storm which causes a power outage for 1-12 hours but never for this long.

Glad to be connected again!

Jackie,
    Why not buy a whole house generator that runs on propane for emergencies such as this?
    Don Wede

There are even solar panel systems, with the appropriate controller electronics, that can keep a bank of deep cycle marine batteries (or equivalent) charged up and ready to go. (There are even mini-versions of that for backpackers and the military.) There are many ways to skin the cat without having to resort to pedaling a stationary bike hooked up to a generator… And Skype just recently upgraded its capabilities so that if the smartphone can be kept charged up, it’s much easier now to contact much of the known world — and that now even includes landlines.

Welcome back, Jackie!

–Dee

In the whole time I have lived in Panama the electricity has never been out for 5 days before. So, there has never been a need for a generator. Hopefully, it never happens again.

With my average electric bill at about $20 a month ( no need for air conditioner or heat), solar panels would not be cost effective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.