Starting Up in NYC area.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

My partner and I are looking to start up with a highest bidder real estate project in the NYC/NJ area. I am looking for any advice on where to find properties, investors or even helpful first steps.

Thanks,

Hi Michelle

Have you read my FLIP DEALS book? It has a step-by-step guide for getting started.

If you want to do Highest Bidder Sales but sell to investors, then you’ll need to work with wholesale type properties. Investors don’t pay retail and cash, they need to get a substantial discount. Investors buy properties below market and that usually need a lot of work.

The Flip Deals book has a lot of ideas about how to find investors and what questions you need to ask them.

Next comes understanding the contracts and the closing process.

Then you can start looking for opportunities…. motivated sellers.

There are two ways to do a Highest Bidder Sale.

(1) You get an option to buy a property then sell to the person who bids the highest cash price during a two-day open house for the Highest Bidder Sale

(2) You get an option to buy with seller financing or subject-to the mortgage which allows you to sell with seller financing so you can do a Highest Bidder Sale for the highest down payment. Investors LOVE this because they don’t have to use their cash or get financing from private or hard money lenders.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.