Website Desaster

Posted in Marketing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    About 2 weeks ago I had a press release that went out to the either (You know the one. I thought I had edited enough, but maybe not). At about the same time I changed my hero page from “The Greater Chicagoland area” to ” Chicago and Chicago Suburbs”. I was on page one in a google search for “I need to sell my house fast in Chicago Il”. Now I can not even find my company back 10 pages. Can a bad press release be that damaging to a web sites SEO? Can it be a confluence of events with the new hero page title also. I know google has to re calibrate over time, but have you ever seen such a great decline? Thought I would throw it out there for discussion. I will contact carrot and see what they have to say.

In hind site and retrospect I think I have this figured out with help from carrot and some common sense thinking. All my other targeted cities have not changed in their ranking, therefore Chicago must be totally a re indexing event.

Don This happens. I went from top page to not on google at all. then back to page one the next week. this is just google think they are funny. I have no idea why but it has happened 2 x now. The guys at Carrot are awesome. but even they were stumped.

TK

So you know what youtub is now right 🙂

TK
    Yesterday afternoon after over 3 weeks I am back one page one in position 4. I was buried in oblivion at over 100. Lol Google go figure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.